Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Brainstorm

Just woke up with a lot on my mind, thought I'd blog it out. It's gonna be a bit rambly, unorganized, and probably totally random. My immediate thought as I start is just how blessed our little family is. We had a rough morning...Q pooped all over his bed, Hayden wouldn't get up, my hair is a total mess, and I managed to burn our eggs to little dry chew-things and we each had about 3 bites before we gave up on breakfast. As I was driving the kids to the school/sitter, I can hear them laughing together and playing in the back seat, and it totally warmed my heart. They love each other so much! And it's so natural. I never had that...I'm an only child. It's so cool to me, knowing my boys have each other forever. There's an assessor coming to view our home on Thursday, and I've been running around trying to get things done and realized...I'm complaining because I have so much to do, when I should stop and be thankful that God has blessed our family with a modest little home that is OURS. I am seeing His work in so many aspects of my life, and even as I am typing this, I am filled with His spirit and it nearly moves me to tears. When you give yourself to God and finally surrender to His love, your whole life changes!!! I am living as I have never lived before. I am not judgemental, I am not rude, I am not vain, I am not quick tempered. And I am seeing these things in other people and steering myself and my family away from them. I am seeing each and every item/person/opportunity for what it is, and thanking God for it. He has shined His light on me and brought me through so much, because I seeked Him and kept faith that His way would guide my family and I. And it has! I have made the decision, through following Him, to put all of my love and energy where it should be, and that's with my family and my home. I feel Him pulling me, and it's the most amazing feeling. "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

No comments: