Tuesday, November 11, 2008

FOR TODAY ...
Outside My Window...dark and cold, rainy. I'm trying not to let it reflect upon my mood. Trying really hard. Hard to try when it's dreary outside!!! I am thinking...I got up early with son#2 and had time to get ready...and it paid off. I look pretty good today. I am thankful for...charlie agreeing and believing that me staying home is what's best for our family and him working so hard to make that possible. From the kitchen...I'm eating graham crackers and a mountain dew now and tonight we are having broccoli and cheese baked potatoes since it's just Q and I. I am wearing...brown dress pants with a pink and dark brown plaid design in them, a pink shirt with a white ruffle neck shirt under it, silver hoop earrings and black heels. I am creating...an autumn wreath that the boys and I are coloring for the front door. Also, some ornaments for our tree. I am going...to leave work a little early today and take a nap with my baby before we get Hayden from school. I am reading...other blogs for inspiration. I am hoping...that Charlie will listen to God's guiding words and steer away from the greed, lust, and "easy living" that Satan tempts him with. I am hearing...nothing. Ahhhhh, nothing. "To really pray is not a matter of dashing into the presence of God, "spitting out" to Him what is on our minds, and then dashing away again. We will never get very far in prayer that way. I sometimes think the Lord purposely gives us times of stillness in the night. Normally I sleep well, but sometimes I think the Lord awakens me so I can talk with Him, because in the night a person can truly be still and utterly quiet. This is especially true in the early hours of the morning before noise begins in the streets. Even the birds are at rest during this time. I believe God tries to teach us throughout our lives that to wait upon Him requires quietness and stillness. Spoken words are not enough; silent worship constitutes genuine prayer."-Christian Weiss Around the house...Oh man, it's a mess today. Toys, clothes, papers...I have a big job ahead of me. One of my favorite things...watching the night turn into day. the sky gradually lightens and it's a fresh new beginning. A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: clean, organize, start working out. I want to be ready for summer by next fall! Here is picture thought I am sharing...

the pacific ocean at laguna beach. this pic restores my soul just looking at it.

No comments: